Internet of Things is one of the most popular keywords currently. Main application of the Internet of Things is Home Security. People control almost everything in their home in hand. Security and Automation are areas which people are interested in as well. Below link shows main applications for IoT.
This post introduces several applications for Home Security & Home Automation which are implemented with WIZnet products.
This project is for home alarm internet dialer. This makes the alarm system email you if the alarm has gone off and has ability to contact the panel and set/unset/view logs using any browser from anywhere(ex.smart phone)
This project is a keyboard based door lock that collects data logging information with ethernet.
This is an IoT Project that sends PIR sensor alarm to an Android phone using Temboo, Parse.com service and an Arduino Ethernet board including W5500.
Keep your house safe with PIR sensor, IFTTT, WIZwiki W7500 when you are away from home.
This project is an example of simple security application that sends a message to a certain Android device by sensing activities of a designated area using Ethernet shield and IBM Bluemix service.
No buttons: fully motion sensored. Voice greeting: doorbell greets the visitor. Voice alert: doorbell notifies me that somebody is at my door. Logging: doorbell logs and timestamps every time I have a visitor and doorbell stores snapshot of the person.
Arduino Push Alerts – IoT Notifications for your Doorbell, Burglar Alarm, Smoke Alarms and Etc. using an Arduino Uno, an Ethernet Shield and PushingBox service.
The purpose of this project is to build a camera which is able to take picture up to 640*480 JPG remotely via Internet.
The author wanted to make the webcam and he remotely view the webcam in his room and move it around. If thief saw this product ,he betake himself to flight.
All these links have been posted on http://wiznetmuseum.com under approval by owners.
We summarized them to help developers with real examples.
What is MQTT?
MQTT is one of popular protocols for a machine-to-machine (M2M)/”Internet of Things” connectivity protocol. It was designed as an extremely lightweight publish/subscribe messaging transport.
For more details, please refer to below links.
Examples created by users on wiznetmuseum.com
- This post is about example how to connect MQTT Client (Arduion & Arduino Ethernet shield) to 433MHZ wireless module. The MQTT client controls the wireless device.
- This is an example of MQTT Client made of Arduino and Ethernet compatible board. It is used as weather station by having MQTT Broker and MQTT Client at the garden and office.
- This project gets electricity meter reading with photocell and sends to a MQTT server.
- This project uses a BT Caller Display 50 connected via an opto-isolating bridge to an arduino with an ethernet shield. When an incoming call is received, the telephone number is transmitted via MQTT to a python client on any computer.
- This post shows MQTT service with STM32 Nucleo and Arduino Ethernet Shield. It includes reference for W5100 and W5500 that is useful for STM32 users.
- This system monitors the current internet speed usage and display it on the ammeter.
- Create a Ultimate Room Control Panel based on Arduino / Ethernet shield, MQTT and OpenHAB
- Home assistant is an Open-source home automation platform which operates based on Python 3. It is possible to control and monitor all of home appliances with simple settings. Home assistant recently supports MQTT and this posting provides source code and how to monitor changes of the brightness of photo resistor using Arduino and Ehternet Shield.
- This content consists of Arudino + Arduino Ethernet shield(W5100) + MQTT Project. Just simple example of MQTT project.
- This is a real time web interface to MQTT. Author describes the project step by step in details and that will make so much easier for any of you to follow.
- The ‘Building Smarter Planet Solutions with MQTT and IBM WebSphere MQ Telemetry’ is a kind of book. in this book, with the introduction of MQTT and IBM WebSphere MQ Telemetry as the title. and show how to develop using it.
- This project explains how to use MQTT & Websocket on Arduino due & Ethernet shield for home automation.
- Porting the Paho Embedded MQTT Client into W5500 + STM32F103VC Custom board
- This tutorial is the example on how to implement Home Automation system using MQTT and OpenHAB. And it also introduces as many examples as possible to be implemented by Ethernet based on Arduino Ethernet shield as well as WiFi module based on ESP8266.
- This tutorial shows how to control LED with MQTT used Arduino Ethernet Shield. This uses Gadgetkeeper development platform(http://gadgetkeeper.com/) which provides a complete application design, runtime, and intelligence environment allowing the rapid creation of IoT solutions to connect your sensors, devices, and equipment (“Things”) with people and systems.